Welcome to the World SAS 9.4!
I’m excited that SAS 9.4 and Visual Analytics 6.2 has arrived. Last night at the SAS Campus, I attended a Welcome to the World party at the SAS Campus. The staff was really excited about the release. Everyone loves to talk about how to do statistics better at SAS. It’s a geek paradise. One employee I spoke to discussed some research he was doing to help cancer researchers be able to do analysis quicker. Many times the data needed to do research is not clean and the researchers spend 80% of their time cleaning and preparing data as opposed to figuring out why someone gets cancer. Probably this is not a surprise to anyone reading this blog, I know I have spent hours getting data ready for a chart that took about 5 minutes to build and analyze.
Dr. Goodnight and Keith Collins congratulated the staff on the new release and noted that it appeared to be more of a joint effort. I think some of the past releases may have appeared that several pieces were crammed in a box and shipped – while the purpose behind this release was for everything to have a more seamless appearance. It’s a very positive environment at SAS. Of course everyone is happy when a new release is ready.
SAS 9.4 Features
You can check the feature list yourself but I was told that this release will really appeal to the SAS Administrators.
Here’s some links I have found for you to review. I keep checking the SAS Support site to see a list of all features but it may be a few days before everything is ready.
- Vincent Cotte runs through some highlights
- Bill Gibson adds his picks
- Monitoring 101 for your SAS Platform
- Robert Allison shows what’s new in 9.4 SAS/Graph
- Cindi Howson reviews the SAS Visual Analytics 6.2 and Tony Consentino Review [Both March 2013]
So tell me – is there a feature that you are especially excited to check?
Never miss a post!Get the latest BI Notes post in your Inbox when a new post is released! Click here for free subscription. You email address is kept private and you can unsubscribe anytime. Go ahead ... join us!
Latest posts by Tricia Aanderud (see all)
- Can SAS Visual Analytics Replace PowerPoint for a Small Business? - November 11, 2013
- User Groups: SESUG in St Pete Beach was Great! - October 27, 2013
- Data Management: Who cares about Big Data - October 18, 2013
- Data Visualization: How to Avoid an Epic Fail - October 10, 2013
- Dashboards: Review of Information Dashboard Design Second Edition - September 23, 2013
Tags: sas 9.4