Information Maps: Quick Tips for Your Data Items
Here’s a few quick tips to use when creating information maps that are used with Web Report Studio.
Tip #1: Order Data Items How They Are Displayed
You may not always know how data items are used in the reports, but sometimes you do! For instance, a recent customer wanted the same 25 measures used in over 20 different data tables – the only thing that changed was the category. So sometimes it was broken out by region, sometimes by management chain, and so on.
To save time, we ordered the data items in the information map so when the table was created in Web Report Studio – the measures were already in the correct order. Here’s an example of what I’m describing:
Quick Tip #2: Make Your Filters and Prompts Clear
Name your filters and prompts so the report builders can easily determine what kind of filter it is in Web Report Studio.
Learn all about SAS BI
You can learn more about SAS Business Intelligence from the "SAS BI Bible." Take a peek inside the Building Business Intelligience with SAS book.
Latest posts by Tricia Aanderud (see all)
- Designing Dashboards: Sending Your Style Vibe - 2017-01-21
- SAS Visual Analytics: Design Versus Reality - 2016-10-05
- Seize the Day! Submit an #SASGF Abstract - 2016-09-21
- Need a Dynamic X-Axis with Your SAS Visual Analytics Report? - 2016-07-31
- Planning Your SAS Visual Analytics Dashboard - 2016-06-06