SAS Management Console: Quick Tip when Creating a Metadata Library
Here’s a quick tip for SAS BI Administrators or anyone who has to create metadata library in the SAS Management Console.
Often before I define the metadata library I am at the folder or the physical path of the library. Obviously, it’s critical that the path is defined correctly in the metadata. So here’s my quick tip.
- In the physical library, click or double-click the path and use the Ctrl+C keyboard shortcut to capture the path.
- As you assign the metadata library, in the New Library Wizard window, click New to assign the path.
- Instead of clicking the Browse button to navigate to your library path, do this instead:
Double-click the Paths field and press Ctrl-V to paste the path.
Some folks may not realize that is an editable line – so you can also make changes if needed.
Learn all about SAS BI
You can learn more about SAS Business Intelligence from the "SAS BI Bible." Take a peek inside the Building Business Intelligience with SAS book.
Latest posts by Tricia Aanderud (see all)
- Seven Interesting Data Storytelling Examples - 2018-06-09
- Use Network Analysis to Understand Your Customers with SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 - 2018-01-21
- My 7 Favorite Features in SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 on Viya - 2018-01-14
- Designing Dashboards: Finding the Fantastic Five Colors - 2017-06-19
- Creating a Web Analytics Report in SAS Visual Analytics 8.1 - 2017-06-19
Tags: SAS Management Console