Web Report Studio: I need a better date than this one …
In SAS Web Report Studio, I was trying to create a bar chart that showed the total payments by month. However, the Payment Date was the actual date the company received the payment and as a result the chart had a “play-by-play” action instead of overall results. Turns out that October 16th was a big payment day as you can see below.
Here’s my easy fix – change the date format from MMDDYYYY to MMMYY.
- Go to the Edit pane.
- Right click the variable name and select Format.
- Ensure the Type of Format is set to Date. Then change how you want the value to display. I like to see the month as a word, so I selected JUN26.
Wow … SAS formatting makes me feel like a genius. I need to check the employment records for this company, wonder if Mr. T showed up in September? “I pity the fool who doesn’t pay his bill next month.” Also, here’s the Mr T Fact Generator to help kill some of your work day. Add your favorite 80s star TV quotes in the Comments section.
Learn all about SAS BI
You can learn more about SAS Business Intelligence from the "SAS BI Bible." Take a peek inside the Building Business Intelligience with SAS book.
Latest posts by Tricia Aanderud (see all)
- Seven Interesting Data Storytelling Examples - 2018-06-09
- Use Network Analysis to Understand Your Customers with SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 - 2018-01-21
- My 7 Favorite Features in SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 on Viya - 2018-01-14
- Designing Dashboards: Finding the Fantastic Five Colors - 2017-06-19
- Creating a Web Analytics Report in SAS Visual Analytics 8.1 - 2017-06-19