A Place of Your Own … from the SAS BI Administrator
When the SAS BI Administrator adds a new user to the SAS BI system, a personal folder called “My Folder” is created for the user. Each user can create sub folders and store BI content (such as reports, stored processes, and so on). Users cannot make any other changes to the folder, such as changing the permissions (that’s naughty!).
In the SAS Management Console, all user folders are available under Users. In this example the (1) SASDemo user is logged into the SAS Management Console. The My Folder that is expanded at the top belongs to SASDemo. The highlighted folder (2) belongs to the taander user. The other figures show how the folder looks in some of the other BI applications: Add-In for Microsoft Office, Web Report Studio, and Information Map Studio.
I’m a little bit of a neat freak when it comes to folder systems – the same rules do not apply to my desk or closets. Angela (my co-author) gave me the idea to divide the folder by these major categories:
- Data Place to store datasets I use or have created (trust me it’s all highly relevant, good stuff)
- Projects Place to keep similar files; I have this folder broken out into Blog Topics, Book Examples.
These folders could also contain information maps and OLAP cubes. Although I usually store those in the general folders so they are available for all users.
- Reports Place where I have some sample WRS reports or reports that I don’t consider related to a project.
- Stored Process Place where I have stored processes that I don’t consider related to project. It’s a play area – I love stored processes!
Learn all about SAS BI
You can learn more about SAS Business Intelligence from the "SAS BI Bible." Take a peek inside the Building Business Intelligience with SAS book.
Latest posts by Tricia Aanderud (see all)
- Seven Interesting Data Storytelling Examples - 2018-06-09
- Use Network Analysis to Understand Your Customers with SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 - 2018-01-21
- My 7 Favorite Features in SAS Visual Analytics 8.2 on Viya - 2018-01-14
- Designing Dashboards: Finding the Fantastic Five Colors - 2017-06-19
- Creating a Web Analytics Report in SAS Visual Analytics 8.1 - 2017-06-19
Tags: SAS Management Console