Enterprise Guide Welcome Screen
The first screen you see when opening SAS Enterprise Guide is the Welcome to SAS Enterprise Guide window, allowing you to open a previously open project (1), create a new project (2), or (3) open the supplied Tutorial.
I typically open Enterprise Guide to create a set of code. For some reason, all of these years I have clicked on the New Project button and then from the Enterprise Guide menu selected File->New->Program. I think that since Enterprise Guide is always 1st a Project file, rather than a .sas program file that this was the order I needed to go.
Of course, there is a better way. If I select link for New SAS Program in the New Area (numbered 2 in the screenshot) it not only opens a new SAS program node, it creates it within a SAS Enterprise Guide project.
Doh! What was I thinking all of these years. Made me laugh out loud to realize the lost productivity.
Is anyone else out there making the same mistake?
Learn all about SAS BI
You can learn more about SAS Business Intelligence from the "SAS BI Bible." Take a peek inside the Building Business Intelligience with SAS book.
Latest posts by Angela Hall (see all)
- What has 435 pages, 500+ screen caps, and is ready for SAS Press today? - 2011-09-26
- Double, No Triple Check those %STPBEGIN and %STPEND macros from Enterprise Guide - 2011-09-23
- Enterprise Guide Welcome Screen - 2011-09-20
- Create Your First SAS Stored Process in One Little Minute - 2011-09-17
- External SAS Press Review Process - 2011-08-02
Tags: SAS Enterprise Guide